- Small Animal Locum required
- New Graduate Veterinarian - Small Animals
- Veterinary Nurses
- Kennel Hands
- High School Students
Small Animal Locum required
Whyalla. South Australia.
3 months: September to November 2018
We have a vacancies for an experienced small animal veterinarian (Minimum 3 years) to work in well equipped three vet small animal veterinary clinic.
Top rates with accommodation and internet provided. Practice vehicle available. Travel reimbursement negotiable at the end of 3 months. The job provides time off to enjoy outback South Australia.
Whyalla has a population of 24,000 people and is situated on the coast at the top of the Spencer Gulf. We have 300+ days of sunshine each year. Good fishing, Great sheltered beaches (No surfing though!) with lots of places to visit such as the Flinders Ranges, Wilpena Pound, Pitchi-Richi railway, Arno Bay, Point Lowly, Fitzgerald Bay and West Coast is 3 hours drive away with places like Elliston, Smokey Bay, and Double Bay.
We are looking for a new graduate who would like to make a smooth transition from study to small animal veterinary practice.
Initially, this is a fully supervised position with no sole charge or after hours, that offers a pathway to a senior veterinarian as your skills and confidence grow.
We have an excellent team of vets and nurses who are experienced in supporting and training new graduates.
The new graduate will be trained in the use of practice software, consultation, and surgery techniques.
You will be trained to use the following equipment:
- Pathology (Olympus cytology/bacteriology and Abaxis blood analysis)
- Digital radiology (Konica-Minolta Regius)
- Dental machine (iM3)
- Ultrasound (My Lab)
- Surgery monitoring (Easybeat III and Vetcorder)
- Fluid and syringe pumps
- Anaesthetic machines
Whyalla, a city of 24,000 located an easy 4 hours drive from Adelaide or 30-minute flight The city offers an excellent climate, lifestyle with excellent fishing, boating, swimming and all other amenities of a medium sized coastal city.
Furnished house available. Laptop and internet provided. 4 weeks annual leave.
- Supervised new graduate: $48,000 pa.
- New grad Vet: $56,000 pa (No sole charge).
- Small Animal Veterinarian $65,000 (Sole charge and AH) + 1 weeks study leave + AH fees
- Experienced veterinarian $85,000 pa
- Senior veterinarian $100,000+ pa
QUALIFICATIONS: Veterinary degree (graduated or imminent) to allow registration in South Australia. Good English, Drivers licence and Work ethic.
EMAIL: Application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: Dr. Andrew Melville-Smith. Castleford Group. Phone: (08) 8645 9926 Address: 97 McDouall Stuart Avenue, Whyalla Stuart. South Australia. 5608.
- Level 4 Veterinary Nurses
- People interested in training as veterinary nurses.
- Trainees currently undertaking veterinary nurse training and looking for work experience as part of their course.